Holy moly this game is awesome!!!.
Lousy Life Lessons - [LLL]
A downloadable game for Windows
Pawel Purrlovski is your man for exceptional jobs.
But he’s not just burning (literally) with the desire to perform the most daring stunts ever, but also to finally be with the love of his life.
A love so deep, he will go to hell and back, just to brag about it. Experience a story, so action packed and full of passion, you will get emotional whiplash from it (or even acutal whiplash, depending on the quality of your chair).
Join Pawel on a journey trough his nine lifes and witness a whirlwind of love, passion and explosions!
Nine lifes - one decision
In the end there is always a price to be paid.
Jawusch - Code
Julienne - Design staging and scriptazzling
Rackel - Movementations
Seemon - acoustic endeavours
Duzinger - Picturations
Lotti - Visualications
Loki - best doggo and Product Owner
Jam Entry 0.1.0:
We fixed some bugs related to the platformer mechanics. You should no longer get stuck on edges or die randomly.
Postjam Version 0.1.4:
- Gamepad support!!! (A functions like the spacebar)
- Added a “skip” button for the cutscenes
- “Retry” can now be triggered with “Anykey”
- A few general bug fixes
- general improvement of platformer mechanic, especially jumping of ledges should be less frustrating now
- adjusted some frustrating colliders
- Improved camera movement. It now moves in the direction the player is facing
- Tutorialscreens will now be disabled after a few tries
- Added screenshake when dying
- Improved some audio transitions
- Added a lot of sfx
- Improved a few UI animations
- Music will be played with lower volume while dialog is playing
|Tags||2D, Atmospheric, Ludum Dare 44, Multiple Endings, Narrative, Noir, Short, Singleplayer, Story Rich, Unity|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, High-contrast, Interactive tutorial|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Quite a dramatic end but a passionate journey along the way. Really nice work. :)
With a strong narrative focus and melodic crisp voice acting there is no better way to indulge your Hollywood noir fantasies.
If you're an admirer like I of narrative based platformers the likes of 'Night in the Woods' and 'Celeste' then you will most definitely fall in love with this Itch Dot Io Indie.
P.S Thank you so much for uploading the soundtrack for 'Lousy Life Lessons'. This is something I brought up in the video as something I would like very much due to the amazing composition <3